Tuesday, November 16, 2010

ORANGE FLUFF

The first time I had this was in the 70s. It was a school fundraiser meal and I instantly fell in love. Strawberry is fine too but I still prefer the Orange.
I used to make this for my Memaw with sugar free and fat free ingredients. Still pretty good but I really recommend the fat way. LOL


2 small or 1 large pkg orange jello
16 oz small curd cottage cheese (go for the 4%)
16 oz cool whip
1 can mandarin oranges
1 lg can of crushed pineapple
1 cup crushed pecans (more or less to your taste)

Blend cottage cheese in your food processor since many do not like the curds. I have had many that hate cottage cheese eat this fine and not notice, it makes it more like cream cheese.
Drain canned fruits well.
Put cool whip in large bowl, fold stir in cottage cheese, then fold in jello, then fruit and nuts.

Let chill a few hours or better yet overnight.

Some people add marshmallows, I am not a marshmallow fan so knock yourself out.

No comments: