Tuesday, November 18, 2008

POWDERED SUGAR COOKIES

I like this easier no muss no fuss sugar cookie recipe. Also you don't have to roll dough, which, I don't know about you, but I HATE HATE HATE rolling dough!!

Also the consistency of these are WONDERFUL!

1 c powdered sugar
1 c Crisco
1 egg

Cream those together and add:

2 c sifted flour
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Add to creamed mixture. Form into balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 375-400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or according to how brown you want them (me..not so much!)

Goes great with ICING!

2 comments:

Burfica said...

mmmmm I'll have to try those. I end up not doing the sugar cookies you cut out that need frosted, cuz I can never get that done right and they are always hard.

Domestic_K said...

You might also like the texture. I like the powdered sugar better than the granulated!